Bottisham is a village in the East Cambridgeshire district about 6 miles (9.66 kilometres) east of Cambridge, halfway to Newmarket. Bottisham was the second of Henry Morris' village colleges, built in 1937, the first being Sawston Village College that was built in 1930.
The Park Estate made up just less than half of the houses in Bottisham and was built in the 1960s. The original idea was to have reasonably large detached houses, with big open green spaces and a strong community. However, halfway through construction, the developers went out of business and a new firm was appointed to finish the job. The second firm added a lot more houses than originally planned, with smaller semi-detached homes creating a more compact estate. Despite the changes to the plan, it is now a large but open estate, with lots of community lawns and grassed areas. The estate itself is led by a horse-shoe shape road, Beechwood Avenue, which encloses the housing. At one end is the entrance to Bottisham Primary School, which moved to this location in the late 1970s having previously been next to the village college.